Saturday, March 15, 2008

Video killed the Radio Star or...

perhaps YouTube.com killed the television? I certainly spend a lot more time watching videos on line than television some evenings. Well, I already posted a video from YouTube (see the hilarious pigeon video I posted in February), but I thought I had better find something more library oriented. So I found this very unusual but quirky video posted by a US librarian. It's not the greatest video or even use of the format but I found it interesting and some of the text seemed relevant to our journey. Some memorable quotes from the video are: "librarian 2.0 won't stand still, keeps the momentum going", "giving customers a new outreach" (through our harnessing new technology), "librarian 2.0 is without generation, old or new doesn't matter" and "knows this movement is more than words, more than lip service to change out world". So let's hope we all do put what we have learned into practice!

No comments: